Thursday, July 03, 2008

I <3 Facebook

I was 'friended' this week by a friend from high school who I haven't heard from since he graduated 18 years ago. The beep on my Blackberry went off at 6:45 am and immediately I had to check and see what was going on. There was the message..."Craig Watkinson wants to be your friend".

What?! I reached over and grabbed my laptop lying on the floor next to my bed and fired it up.

Holy crap, he's in LA acting and teaching, has a beautiful wife, and he's HOT!! He even has his own IMDB page. Let the cyber-stalking begin. He's now my secret married boyfriend. (Secret because he doesn't even know it.)

Of course I told the idiots (aka Mike and Steve) at work and was immediately ridiculed. "Did you actually know him in high school, or did you just pass in the halls. If we were to call him right now and mention your name, would he have any clue who we were talking about?"

Oh whatever.

An excerpt from what he wrote in my yearbook:
...Being "Clau'd" was the best thing that ever happened to me (even though you missed my 'special spot'). Your calves rule! You are like Calvin, Hobbes and Bart all rolled up into one. Your wild nature magnifies my heart like an old man with sneakers (?). I love you more than you know!...
The crazy part was that I never knew any of this while we were in school. We were friends who kidded around and it was usually me who was the butt of the jokes.

Ah well, you live, you learn. But what I wouldn't give to hop into a DeLorean to go back to 1990 just so see how things could have been different.

All thanks to Facebook.

(Hooop!)

1 comment:

  1. Facebook can be so great and yet I'm scared that someone's going to try to friend me that I have no desire to re-acquaint with. I love your story, though - such a great thing to have written in your yearbook.

    I looked up a friend from high school that I knew had moved to LA to be an actor - and couldn't believe it was the same guy when I found his IMDB page. No way is that the same guy I locked in the trunk of my car and who used to drive me nuts on purpose! Funny how things change from high school.

    ReplyDelete