Wednesday, May 14, 2008

remember when...

This weekend I had the pleasure of reuniting with a bunch of coworkers from PR Newswire. We hadn't been together for almost 10 years.

We met at a bar in NYC on a rainy Friday afternoon.
PRN Interactive Crew

What was the best part is that there was no weirdness after being apart for so long. First the conversation was "What are you up to now?" and we talked about our current jobs, current lives. Then the conversation turned to Remember When....

Remember when:
  • We had a 'team building activity' to go see The X-Files movie?
  • Claudine and Sueryun would talk in that Arnold Schwarzenegger voice?
  • Andrew and Chelsea were outed as a couple?
  • Shara got a computer monitor full of silly string?
  • We would take the ferry over to World Trade Center for lunch?
  • We would drink at Markers?
Time quickly passed and soon it was 12:30am. I had to catch my train back home. By this time the rain ended so I walked with Andrew and Chelsea back to Penn Station. I walked down to NJ Transit and hopped on board a waiting train. Everything seemed perfect.

Until I fell asleep and woke up two stops past my own. A $50 cab ride later, I was back home at 3am.

The next day I met up with Andrew and Chelsea at their friends' BBQ in Pt. Pleasant. I had such a fun time. Good people, good food. And then Rock Band came into the house.

I sang (I sucked), I played guitar and I played drums. Drums were my favorite. We played until well after midnight, and for us, that was late.

No comments:

Post a Comment