Saturday, March 26, 2005

Demolition Man


Demolition Man, originally uploaded by bearclau.

The house is full of bangs and shatters, whirring of motors and the occastional, "Shit" coming from upstairs. I sit at the family computer, while my parents are renovating bathrooms and shampooing carpet. My only accomplishment today was brushing my teeth. My hair is still a mess.

Even Barry, my dog, is happily exploring the boundaries of my parents' backyard, pissing on every vertical object and piercing every round object with his sharp teeth.

It's not that I don't *want* to help, but I tell myself that I'd only get in the way. The bathroom is only so large, and I wouldn't fit with my dad in there hauling away at the tiles. My mom gets into Cleaning Mode where things have to be done Her way or no way. Since I don't often adhere to Her way, it's in both of our self interests for me to stay away.

No comments:

Post a Comment