Thursday, November 11, 2004

not enough time

It always happens around this time of year. I start to feel extremely rushed and that there's not enough time until the end of the year. As if December 31 holds some sort of looming deadline.

Oh my God! I haven't finished the floors off in my house! I haven't changed the look of my blog for over a year! I didn't buy a dvd burner yet and my videos are getting stale on my hard drive! I didn't call my girlfriend from high school to plan a dinner get together! I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet!

It's wierd because the rest of the year I have this 'I'll do it tomorrow' attitude. But as soon as we turn the clocks back, suddenly there's not enough time in the world to do all the things I want to do - meaningful or not. And in this overwhelmingness, my first reaction is to sink in defeat and say I'll never be able to do it. And that whole process leaves me feeling exhausted and drained before I even do a thing.

Is there a name for that??

No comments:

Post a Comment