Monday, November 15, 2004

a family affair

I took off last Friday and spent some quality with Mom, Dad and The House. Dad and I met at the Home Depot where my brother works to pick up all the wood to finish off the floor molding. We spent about 2 hours punching numbers into my cell phone calculator trying to figure out how many lengths of 9' wood we'd need. We are NOT math wizards.

When Dad and I finally got to my house, we ate lunch - because you can't work on an empty stomach. It was about 2:00 when we cut our first piece of wood on the table saw.

Mom popped in, ate a snack and then disappeared upstairs with a paint brush to finish painting all the trim up the stairs, in the hallway and in the guest bedroom. When Mom gets to work, there is nothing that will stop her.

The evening ended with most of the molding installed, the upstairs painted, the sawdust swept up and with us eating pizza and watching tv.

I could think of no better way to spend a Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment