Tuesday, November 16, 2004

the further Right you go, the dumber you get

I don't know when it happened, but I've become passionate about my views on politics and I get really annoyed when other people display sheer apathy or stupidity.

The other day I was at a scrapbook party hosted by my cousin's friend, L. I noticed a picture of Bush on the fridge and I immediately snarled my lip. The topic turned towards politics and although me and another person were Democrats, we didn't really get into it out of politeness.

But sometimes the things people say really kills me.

L: "...besides, I can't stand Kerry's wife. All that money and she can't even do something with her hair. At least Laura Bush looks presendital."

I must have had this dumbfounded look on my face.

L: "Do you not agree?"

me: "I just never included the wives as part of my decision making."

Are you F'n kidding me??

No comments:

Post a Comment