Sunday, August 01, 2010

First light


I've been awake for over 90 minutes but I only got out of bed 20 minutes ago. I watched the sky begin to lighten through the window blinds and I felt my mind become more awake. The only noise was the big, fat, North Carolina-sized raindrops smacking against the roof.

I slinked out of bed, grabbed my laptop, made some coffee and found a spot in the back family room. A cushy spot on the comfy leather sofa.

Charles was soundly sleeping in bed. His daughter and her friend were curled up in her room, probably sleeping only a few hours after an evening of texting.

In the solitude I can enjoy this peacefulness. Take advantage of some 'me time'. Not think about the laundry that needs to be put away or what to make for dinner. I can read my book; sip my coffee. Maybe if I'm feeling particurally energetic, I'll do some stretches and meditative breaths.

But for right now I think the best move is to not move at all. To just listen to the rhythm of the raindrops and breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment