Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My new place

It has been two weeks since my fairy tale ended and I moved into my new apartment.

I swear to God, I think it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm not sad, and I'm not even angry anymore at Charles. Honestly, I feel a lot of...nothing. I may have come to North Carolina for Charles, but I'm staying for me.

Happiness is found in a shower curtainImage by bearclau via FlickrMy apartment is slowly coming together. I finally get to make the place I'm living in my own. That was one of the problems with moving into Charles' house. It was still very much his and there wasn't a lot of 'me' represented. It wasn't until my last week there that I actually got a space carved out for me, which was my own desk and bookshelf. That's now with me.

The first thing I got was this fun and bright shower curtain and matching yellow and green towels. This just screams FUN to me and it makes me smile every time I come into my bathroom. (My bathroom, by the way. One that I don't have to share with people who don't believe in hanging up towels after a shower.)

Surf KitchenImage by bearclau via FlickrMy kitchen is much smaller than my townhouse and storage is limited. So I guess it's a good thing that I got rid of most of my stuff before I moved down here. (insert sarcasm). However, for reasons I can't explain, my 6 foot surfboard, that I never use, has traveled with me since I first moved out of my parents' house when I was 25 years old.

That surfboard now has a new home above my kitchen cabinets. I like it.

Let's not forget the pool! AND I have a gym -- which I actually go to.
Yes, life definitely does not suck.

4 comments:

  1. toothpick11:57 PM

    clau - the place looks great! glad things worked out well. how's the gig?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad that things worked out and that you have such a great point of view on all of this.

    I love NC, having visited Raleigh/Durham (loved Durham)and Duke (totally gorgeous campus) and wanted to move there myself at one point.

    Meetup.com is really popular down there with "new in town" and social groups with really nice people.

    Glad Barry's back, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for making the most out of a crappy turn of events. The new place looks very cheery, and so glad Barry's back and you have your own space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deevine! And the surfboard totally works!

    ReplyDelete