Friday, June 04, 2010

Skydiving

I've taken quite a leap. I upped my end date at work from June 25 to June 11. As in next Friday.

I did it because my billable work is slowing down and I felt really guilty hanging around with nothing (that I wanted) to do. I could work on some of the personal project/development-building stuff, but I no longer had the excitement for it. I was concentrating on packing my things, selling my house, settling in North Carolina, looking for work. Finishing out three more weeks of my current job just seems so mundane.

Sunday I'm packing some clothes and the dog in my car and driving down to NC for the week. I'll be back in NJ for the final move at the end of the month. While I'm there I'll do some things around the house, get familiarized with my surroundings, introduce the dogs to each other. Hopefully I go on some interviews.

But that's the exciting thing. I don't have a job lined up. My paychecks will stop coming in and my bills will continue to come. I'll have to pay for my health insurance.

I feel like I'm jumping out of a plane and crossing my fingers that my parachute will actually open. And I feel OK.

I think its because this is part of my adventure. I'm finally living one of those Springsteen songs where the guy and girl take off down that highway because 'its a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win'. This is my shot as something amazing. And I won't be doing it alone.

(Flickr photo by dollie_mixtures)

1 comment: