Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The next step

Taking in the Key West sunsetImage by bearclau via Flickr

I would have never imagined the turn my life would take when I drove down to Key West.

In just two months I have found the man I have waited my life for, I fell in love and am following my heart to North Carolina. To stay.

My New Jersey townhouse goes on the market Thursday. My first open house is Sunday. All this will be going on while Charles and I frolic at his mountain house near Boone, NC. While people are wandering my hallway, peeking into cabinets and criticizing my paint color choices, I will be hiking, horseback riding and star-gazing in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

About a month ago we talked about the direction we were heading in -- forward: me in North Carolina. We knew we wanted to be together and we weren't concerned about timelines or the quickness of it all. But when I was at the airport last week waiting for my flight back to Jersey the futility of plane tickets and extended airport parking hit us. Why are we doing this?

We had come to a point where we ask ourselves. Is this for real? Do we see a real future here? And if yes, then what will waiting a year, six months, six weeks really accomplish?

Through my tears I asked Charles, "what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to call a Realtor this week."

Monday afternoon I sent Charles a text. "We have an appointment with a Realtor Thursday."

"YES!!"

I knew I'd be selling my house to go and live with him. I didn't know that I would be doing it so soon. But the great thing is that I'm not scared. I'm excited to go and start my new adventures with this man who loves me. And I have no doubt in my mind that he does. Its not overwhelming or smothering, but energizing and comforting.

Friday, on my 37th birthday, I signed the contract with the Realtor. Charles sat next to me as I held the pen, grinning because he knew the big step we were taking together. He came up to visit me for my birthday, and now was looking forward to a few days of cleaning, painting, fixing, and packing.





Slowly my home is become less mine and turning into something that looks like it belongs on an HGTV show. And I couldn't be happier!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment