Monday, January 26, 2009

Where I draw the line

I saw this Momversation video on Dooce's blog about where the line is drawn about what she would blog about.

So I posed the question to the Twitterverse: Bloggers, where do you draw the line on what you post?

I guess I have to answer that now, huh?

First, I won't post anything that matches a person's full name with something that will get them arrested, fired or completely embarrassed. Like herpes and tattoos, digital is forever.

I will generalize to my heart's content, and I will complain about work, stupid drivers, Republicans and bad hair-dos as much as I want. But I won't personalize it. If you think you see yourself when I bitch about the mullet-wearing dumbass, talking on the cell phone while driving that Hummer with the Bush/Cheney bumper sticker, well that's your problem. Not mine.

Finally, now that my blog is accessible from places that use my real name, I have to be more thoughtful about what I post. Some things just aren't meant for the digital public: personal rants, intimate details, etc. So I save those for my journal 1.0, my trusty Moleskin. I've gotten called out before on something I had posted and that wasn't fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment