Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Wish


Around this time each year I take a time out from the chaos that starts up and I think about all that's happened this past year.

There's no sugar-coating it, 2008 has been rough. The economy is gasping for air, the west coast is on fire, polar bears are now threatened, and our men and women of the military are still in harm's way. But from this darkness, I do see the light on the horizon. There is hope.

I see it mainly in the way people have come together to join in a common cause. To make the world a better place. The geographic boundaries are blurring and we have created communities from across the planet. I only have to look at my Facebook account to glance into the lives of friends from all chapters of my life. It proves to me that we are all connected and it's that thought that comforts me.

So for Thanksgiving, I give thanks to you... my friends and family that have crossed paths with me at one time or another. I hope you always have a safe, warm place to call home with enough comforts to share. I wish you health and happiness; the joy of exploration and curiosity; and the satisfaction of seeing your dreams come true.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment