Monday, September 27, 2010

Drama-Free Girls Club

I have been extremely lucky to have met a group of women who's company I enjoy and where I fit in nicely.

This past weekend I spent at the beach with 10 women in one beach house. What was great is that we all got along, with no drama.

We are all, except for one, transplants to North Carolina and the group formed out of a MeetUp group whose purpose was to simply meet new people. This splinter group formed because they bonded outside the random happy hour meetup.

I think it's difficult as you get older to find good friends; those who are like minded, intelligent, independent free-thinkers.

We rented a 6-room beach house at Nags Head, NC for a few days. The house was really great: across the street from the beach, hot tub, pool and a good floor plan that allowed us to hang out together as well as find secluded places when we needed alone time.
I am so thankful for being accepted into this group. It has made my conversion as a North Carolinian much more easier.

3 comments:

  1. Heather6:56 PM

    YAY! love your post! Thanks for being my picture buddy! I almost woke you up before I left- the sky was amazing, lots of clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claud! That really likes like an amazing weekend. I am completely living vicariously through you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claud! That really likes like an amazing weekend. I am completely living vicariously through you right now!

    ReplyDelete