Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In other news...

I spent this last semester as the alumnae Chapter Advisor for my sorority, Alpha Xi Delta at my alma mater, Rider University.

I have had a really amazing time getting to know the women of my chapter and helping them succeed on campus as a chapter and as individuals. Not all the interactions have been wonderful, but they all had learning opportunities for both me and the women. When I was an undergrad, the experience being in a sorority is the reason I am the person I am today. It had always been my desire to give something back to the chapter who had given me so much.

I have seen the women of Alpha Xi Delta do amazing things. Just last week they performed at the Greek Week Lip Synch contest.



However tonight at the Greek Awards Banquet, they really rose to the top.
Alpha Xi Delta shows off all her awards
They won the following:
  • Highest New Member Cumulative GPA and Highest Overall Female GPA
  • Intramural Member of the Year
  • Highest Sorority Cumulative GPA
and the top award:
Bart Luedeke Outstanding Chapter of the Year Award

Oh, and I didn't do too bad myself. The chapter nominated for Chapter Advisor of the Year and I won! I am so humbled and so proud of my chapter. *mush*
Claudine grins after winning the Chapter Advisor of the Year Award
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment