Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Happy Birthday to me - Part 2

I was asked what I did for my birthday last night by one of my coworkers. We're casual acquaintances, not really close. But he's the kind of person who says hello to everyone and starts small talk.

I'm not that kind of person.

I find him slightly annoying.

Anyway, being that it was Monday night, and that I'm single, I didn't have anything exciting to day. And I don't know why, but I felt bad about that. Like I should have been flown to Key West buy my handsome, millionaire sugar daddy just to have cocktails on Mallory Square just as the sun sunk below the horizon.

But my life doesn't play like that.

Instead I went and bought myself a great birthday present. A new bike!

I was so excited to get my bike. A little bit of sticker shock because, man if you're not buying at Target or Toys 'R us, those things aren't cheap. I brought it home on my bike rack and immediately started pedaling around the parking lot to get a feel for it. I saw Barry looking longingly out the window, then I decided to take him for a run. I rode, he trotted alongside me.

After he got tired, I left him home and I went off wandering on my new wheels.

I love my new bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment