Thursday, February 03, 2005

Changes in Latitudes

I have this feeling inside that it's time for a change in latitude. Maybe it was reading Jimmy Buffett's book and listenting to his tunes, maybe it's my horoscope telling me that I need a change in scenery and that a road trip is in the cards, maybe it's the f'n cold that has dried my skin so much that I look like an aligator. Or maybe it could be that I'm so bored here at work and there is no better time to take off and hop in the car.

I'm thinking about driving down 95 and making my way to southern Florida. I have family there where I can crash. I think I can make some stops along the way in Savannah and Tampa. Maybe say 'Hi' to Mickey Mouse. Or maybe I'll take a trip to Key West just to have a 'Cheeseburger in Paradise'.

The trick will be to not think to hard about it and just do it. Tell work that I want to take next week off - unpaid if need be. Finish up the little stuff that I've been working on this week and by Sunday night, pack a bag, my camera and iPod, fill the gas tank and drive south.

This sounds so wonderful. I have to do this. I hope I don't chicken out.

No comments:

Post a Comment